Culinary Standards Chef
Hiring Range: DOE
The Culinary Standards Chef is responsible for operating a profitable restaurant and Grab n Go, providing a safe, sanitary work environment, which conforms to all standards and regulations, interview, train, develop, empower, coach/counsel, resolve problems with open communication. Manage and operate kitchen within budget to include labor, purchasing, and production.
Under the supervision of Sr. Director of Prepared Foods, the Culinary Standards Chef performs the following:
- Leads Mothers Market & Kitchen with passion and drive to create an efficient, productive work environment while adhering to Mothers Market & Kitchen guidelines, purchasing agreements, and controlling the cost of goods.
- Performs precise line checks and facility walks with proper follow up and documentation.
- Able to open and close the line and kitchen to company standards and addresses any deficiencies.
- Oversee service periods from the expo to ensure food quality and presentation are up to Mother's Market standards.
- Ensure a safe production environment, cleanliness, organization, and maintenance to provide a like new kitchen.
- Participates in and follows up on all health inspections.
- Maximizes profits through food cost management, labor, and inventory control.
- Performs end of month procedures to Mothers Market standards.
- Responsible for the development of Food Service Managers and Kitchen Managers.
- Partners with Sr. Director of Restaurant Operations to implement menu changes and new SOPs.
- Assist when needed in payroll hours in compliance with company standards and state laws.
- Inspirational and effective store visits with daily feedback to the Sr. Director of Restaurant and Prepared Foods and Store Manager
- Assist in menu development
Safety and Sanitation
- Daily store visits with facility walkthroughs
- Validate all proper documents are being filled out daily
- Line checks are conducted for AM and PM
- Cooling logs are being used and correctly filled out
- All containers are dated and labeled with correct information
- Initials of team member
- Glove usage on all ready to eat food
- Proper use of cut gloves
- All containers have appropriate lids and secure
- Sanitation of cutting boards without cross-contamination
- Sanitizer buckets are being used and properly rotated every 4 hours
- Zoning practices are correct
- Cold and Hot-Lines are properly temping
- No mold buildup in the ice machine
- Adherence to shelf-life standards
- Walk-ins and freezers are clean, fans are free of dust, and there is no debris on the floor
- No debris under equipment and cleaned adequately with no buildup
- Inspections of hoods and free of grease buildup
- All reach in drawers and refrigerators are clean, temping properly, and gaskets are working condition
- Dry Store is cleaned correctly with no debris on the ground
- Daily, weekly and monthly cleaning projects are being executed
- Daily line checks with Kitchen Managers to ensure product looks and taste to standard
- All restaurant and prepared food are being made to proper spec
- Proper containers and plate ware are being used
- The staff is appropriately trained to recipe adherence
- The team has access to line builds for the restaurant and prepared food
- Recipes are being followed daily
- Consistent portion control monitoring
- Work expo during peak service hours for quality, taste, and plating
Must be available
- Flexible Hours including nights and weekends
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.