Assistant VitaCare Manager
Hiring Range: $14.00 - $20.00/hr DOE
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that department employees provide excellent customer service and receive appropriate customer service training
- Assists the VitaCare Manager as necessary to train, schedule, & maintain a qualified team
- Ensures the department is fully stocked, faced, priced and rotated, following established merchandising procedures
- Ensures that sales floor department shelves, displays, aisles, and storage areas are maintained in a clean, orderly condition, satisfying Health Department and store safety standards
- Handle unsellable items & returned for credit or disposed of following Mothers Market procedures
- Communicates maintenance needs to the VitaCare Manager
- Assists VitaCare Manager in the design and implementation of procedures for ordering, receiving, inventory tracking, and back room organization
- Directs department merchandising layout including special displays and promotions
- Meets labor, sales and margin goals determined in accordance with the Store Manager
- Communicates relevant sales, standards, expectations, policy changes & product knowledge to team
- Participates in inventory counts
- Supports the VitaCare Manager as needed & other related duties as assigned
Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following:
- Minimum of High School Diploma or G.E.D. certificate
- Prior experience as an assistant manager in vitamins, body care or current/previous experience in vitamins & body care
- Demonstrate leadership abilities, excellent customer service skills (written, verbal)
- Verbal proficiency of the English language, and be able to read and write at an advanced level
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, and Outlook), excellent customer service skills and proficiency in basic math.
- Model excellent customer service, and hold your staff accountable for doing the same
- Be able and prepared to cover breaks for other staff members when needed
- Place service calls, deal with vendors and contractors
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Stock shelves using carts, box cutters and dollies
- Vast majority of items are 3 lbs. or less- Height lifted from 6 to 6 ft.
- Items lifted usually in excess of 100 times per day
- Carry individual product and case boxes, carried from cart to shelves up to 10 ft.
- Push/pull carts and dollies of single and cased product
- Must be available to work various shifts as needed
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.